Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dream Diary: The Compilation

Over the past couple years I've had a variety of vivid dreams. I usually keep a small record of my dreams out of curiosity and for later examination. I often post these summaries on facebook, but I am going to start posting them on here as well, as this allows me more flexibility and character length.


08/24/10     Last nights dream: I met the Queen of England. She was in a private chapel inside a stone tower that functions as a university/religious establishment. think dark wood paneling, stone walls, dim lighting, and doilies everywhere. I then suggested that we play telephone pictionary; the Queen loved the idea, to the horror of her ladies in waiting.



08/27/10     last nights dream involved me taking part in defending a supermarket under siege. Weapon of choice: katana. deadliest opponent weapon of choice: Flail. Aisle where the katana/flail battle took place: bread and other grains.



09/04/10    last nights dream: the different parts of my subconscious were having an election. I don't remember who won, but I do remember this: "My name is ******, vote for me because I am the most rational aspect of your subconscious."
setting: cruise ship.
number of airplanes: 6



09/06/10    last nights dream: grad student Mark is investigating the random freshwater springs that are developing all over IWU campus, helped out by a variety of alumni and students. I fall into a spring that appeared in the middle of CNS. After I got out a math teacher, George Takei, proceeded to corner me while I was still in my towel, and teach me advanced geometry.


09/15/10    Last nights dream: I, the current version of me, began arguing with the three younger versions of me, who represented the fates. Then the oldest version of me, the oracle, came and told me to shut the hell up.

09/24/10     Last nights dream: It was thanksgiving, but I couldn't get to any food! I ended up running around frantically, searching for food, while people laughed at me. I eventually resorted to chasing down one of the many thanksgiving delivery men, but the minute I got to him he died.

09/28/10    last nights dream: Secret Agent Alison is trying to find a cover job, but other secret agents in their cover jobs keep blowing her cover. Jobs included: working at Great America, being a lumberjack, a mermaid, and a mailman.


09/29/10    last nights dream: Melissa and I are sneakily living on futuristic cruise ship style airplanes. On one plane Gaius from BSG is trying to take a picture of a baby, but Melissa keeps messing it up. I offer her my sandwich to leave him alone. I warn her that she had better consider fast; as the longer she takes, the smaller the sandwich will be when she gets it


10/12/10   Last nights dream: While on visit to Wesleyan I am sent to find a macabre children's book and a battered stuffed animal to donate to charity. After I find the book I am riding the escalator up from the IWU subway station/library when I am confronted by Darth Vader. He takes the book and when I try to chase after him I am stopped by storm troopers who force me to walk backwards because I am still on the escalator.


10/22/10    last nights dream: My family is taking my Grandfather to different cemeteries to see where he would like to be buried. We are followed by a carnival wherever we go. My Grandfather hands me a red balloon. In order to find some of the more obscure graveyards we burn down the buildings that have been built over them. As the wind scatters the ashes of the buildings I let go of the red balloon and watch it float away.



11/09/10    Last nights dream: Society collapsed and looters broke into my house, trapping and threatening my family. Suddenly a small car crashes into the house, folding up like an accordion. Out of the car pours a clownish number of fops who invade the house and subdue the looters. The fops were looking for a place to crash after a night of carousing. When I woke up the next morning they were gone, along with the looters.

No comments:

Post a Comment