Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dream 03/30/07: Part 2

Time passes. 
I am walking home from school with the girl; she is very shy and quiet. We enter the hub by the ocean, where many staircases and such meet. There is a boardwalk extending out from it, into the ocean. On the boardwalk there are a few other buildings and such. It's the first time there that I really notice the sea. The waves crash against the boardwalk with a fury, spraying us with salt water. I turn to her and exclaim in excitement about the ocean. She smiles and nods as though she usually isn't permitted to acknowledge the wonders of the world around her.

Immediately after that an even bigger wave crashed against the boardwalk, water flows over the edge up to our ankles. Each wave after that becomes larger and larger; the water rises to my waist. I manage to find a slightly sheltered spot against a building on the other side of the boardwalk from where the waves are coming. I grab onto something and hold on to keep from being swept away by the water. But the waves are still crashing. The water rises so that I have to find higher and higher handholds against the building, which has transformed into a bookshelf. I reach the highest part, clinging to the wood. The water is still rising. Finally I realize that it is too much, and although I try to fight from it, I sink down. Nothingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment