Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Dream 8/27/08

I’m driving in Bloomington. I park my car in a parking lot next to a small restaurant, but the lot has that deserted look to it. After I’ve gotten out of the car I see a man approaching. I start to get nervous, but he isn’t coming right at me.

He circles around me, staring at me, smiling nervously; but he approaches my car. The car has mysteriously turned into a convertible, and before I know it he is getting the top down.
“What are you doing?” I scream and run towards him. He jumps out of the car and grabs me by both arms, pulling me close.
“What do you think I’m doing?” he says roughly, pulling me away from my car and down the sidewalk. I struggle, refusing to walk and I scream; but no one pays attention.

I begin to struggle, moving us toward the street while he is distracted with keeping me in his control. We trip off the sidewalk into the road. The cars coming at us swerve to miss us, causing a crash. He takes the opportunity to release me and run. I stagger up, shaken. The drivers of the cars look at me scornfully, I caused their crash.

When I get back to the parking lot my car is gone. I go into the restaurant to use their phone. Inside is brightly lit with plants and laughter. I ask, “Did any of you see what happened outside?” they all look at me blankly, “A man grabbed me, I was screaming.”
A man behind me stands up and grabs my arm. “Come here sugar, I’ll give you some comfort.” As he leers at me, I grab his nose and kick him in the crotch. He goes down and I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment