Monday, October 18, 2010

European Adventure: Step 1: The Idea

It all started back in dusty January when I thought to myself “I’ve never been to Europe. Damn, this sucks. I know, I’ll give myself a trip to Europe as a present for earning my BA!”

I then sat down and made a list of goals for this trip:

Trip length: 1 month (June)
Budget: $3000.00
Luggage: 1 duffel/backpack.
Visit: France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, UK.

[If you don’t know which highlighted country is which click here]

With these goals in mind I set about finding a travel companion.

Drunken conversation with friend
Me:  “Hey, man, Imma go to Europe this summer. It’s gonna be totally awesome!”
Friend:  “Woa, that’s like the best thing ever!”
Me: “Want to come with? I think it’s gonna cost around three thousand.”
Friend: “Man, I wish I could, *hic* but I am too poor/have a summer internship/suck at life/am afraid of Europe.”
Me: L

After lots of these conversations I wised up and began asking people while they were sober. I got a few commitments, but most of them ended up dropping out due to finances.
Finally, one of my friends said yes!!!
Then, about a month and a half before the trip, another friend decided to come!!

I had my companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment